Ken and Lexie are two superb leaders that complement each other perfectly. While leading in very different ways, they both play a major part in the everyday running of FaithWorks Christian Church. Ken has great musical ability but mainly enjoys preaching the Word, inspiring others to grow in their knowledge of God. Lexie displays many attributes, including playing the piano and doing a heap of work behind the scenes to ensure the church runs smoothly. Ken and Lexie are two great people who reside and run their own business in Gisborne. They have a heart for the local area to know and grow in Jesus, and love seeing people develop in their God-given purpose. Their generous nature and willingness to serve in any way possible is testament to their understanding of God’s grace and provision in their own lives. Their continued hunger and love for the Lord is portrayed in their actions, and the value they place on each individual is second to none. Ken and Lexie’s long-time service is nothing but admirable and looked up to by all, being very respected in the local area. Ken and Lexie have 4 adult children and are very excited to have recently become grandparents.
“To be a Bible based church full of Faith, Hope and Love encouraging people to fulfill their potential in God”
“To be a community orientated church providing Bible based teaching programs and worship to challenge and impact the community
- We believe that the Bible is God’s Word. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our ever day lives.
- We believe in one eternal God who is creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.
- We believe that sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives.
- We believe that in order to receive forgiveness and the “new birth” we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and submit to His will for our lives.
- We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us, we need to be baptised in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enables us to use spiritual gifts, including speaking in tongues, which is the initial evidence of baptism in the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives which is worship God, fulfill our role in the Church and serve the community in which we live.
- We believe that God wants to heal and transform us so that we can live healthy and prosperous lives in order to help others more effectively.
- We believe that our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised.
Meet Our Team
BOARD OF ELDERS
The Board of Elders are primarily the responsible body for FaithWorks Christian Church. They provide spiritual oversight and to ensure the ongoing health and growth of the church and its ministries. This includes the church vision, the day-to-day running of the church, including leadership, preaching and teaching, and external relationships as well as aligning the activities of our ministries around FaithWorks Christian Church Vision.
Having both grown up in the Macedon Ranges, Darren and Shelley have a huge heart for this local community.
Both, with their warm personalities, have the great ability to begin, grow, connect and nurture relationships within the church, and to help inspire and empower people in their faith.
Darren is a gifted teacher of the Word, who is also passionate about discipleship and building genuine relationships, with his great sense of humour and love for sport he connects well with all and is a highly respected individual. Since his childhood,
Darren has played footy (and continues to) for the Gisborne Football Club and therefore is well know throughout the community.
Shelley loves nothing more than to share a cuppa and do life with people. Her gift in singing is nothing less than a blessing to anyone who hears it and we have only just begun to see this amazing women begin to share from God’s word in a powerful way…watch this space! A true lover of netball, Shelley competes with a number of teams throughout the week including the Gisborne Bulldogs.
Anthony and Kerri oversee the running of Faithworks café. On Market day (first Sunday of each month) our foyer gets transformed into our Encounter Café. Anthony makes the best coffee in town. All profits from the café go to missions. Anthony also oversees our P.A. for our church Services. Kerri is one of our worship 9song) leaders and plays the keyboard in church. They have been married for 2 years and have a little boy named Reuben.
Mel heads up our creative ministries department, leads worship on Sunday mornings and helps with general admin. She is a Primary school teacher at Red Rock Christian School.
The Ministry Team of FaithWorks Christian Church is composed of persons with appropriate ministry and leadership skills who are responsible for the various departments in the church, and are gifted in specific areas of ministry to serve and resource these groups.
They are to assist the Board of Elders in this role of spiritual leadership and direction of the church.
David & Jenny Clark…Prayer
Melissa Barclay…..Worship Director